In the summer of 2016, I stepped beyond Zen. From this point on, my reflections on the self are documented in the "I,You,Us and Them" blog. At least at this point, I regard Hofstadter's ideas, especially his treatment of the self, the mind and consciousness as the most productive way of thinking about these issues. In short, I think I know what a "mind" is and what the word "I" means. This doesn't leave a lot to be discussed in the "spiritual" realm, except perhaps to comment specifically on religions and religious thinking, which pops up all over in places where it is least suspected.
There is still room in this blog to comment on "religious" and "spiritual" ideas, but for me, the fundamental issues seem to have been settled, at least for the moment.
I don't want to clutter this blog with "meme theory", nor do I want to clutter the "I, You..." blog with social commentary.
Similar considerations apply to the "Dragon" blog. I see "Dragon theory" as a special case of "meme theory" (meme theory establishes that "dragons" have minds), although there is still quite a bit to be said about Dragon Theory in its own right. It looks like "Dragon Theory" will assume the "basics" emerging in the "I, You ..." blog but still have room for commentary on exactly how dragons emerge and assimilate human beings.
Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Here is where I started on my self-directed course in "Climate Models 101". This is highly recommended . Here's a sample: My ...
-
I urge the reader to take the time to listen to this son g - sorry about the ads. Rows and flows of angel hair And ice cream castles in the ...
-
Jacob Chansley (with The Horns) Got 41 Months in Prison Totally Repudiated Q-Anon Etc It is a total mystery why some people refuse to get va...
-
"SE-I" Definition of Intelligence: Intelligence, to our mind, is the art of rapid and reliable gist-finding, crux-spotting, ...
-
I asked for a picture along these lines: This is one of four responses, which are themselves a series of "tweaks" to what I want ...
-
This post is fun to read once processed by Perplexity AI here . Len writes: My thoughts on this matter have to do with the physical substra...
-
It is not possible to understand the 21st century without seeing the overwhelming influence of "performance art". To be sure, thi...
-
Today I had the unexpected pleasure of a long, detailed conversation with Ambre Singh, a brilliant and creative Second Life citizen. It rela...
-
A tornado made of sharks crashing into a skyscraper. Painting in the style of abstract cubism. The above "painting" was made by ...
No comments:
Post a Comment